“Taking the time to present your home in the best possible way to potential buyers is always worth the investment: in time and money. Without question, a well presented home helps your real estate agent ask for a higher price and means a quicker sale in comparison to poorly presented properties”, said Michelle Burton of Designing Divas when Focus Magazine, Port Macquarie interviewed her to discuss the Home Styling service available to home owners and real estate agents in the Port Macquarie region.
Designing Divas is a design firm specialising in interior design and home styling / property staging.
What’s involved in Property Staging?
“We look at the property through the eyes of a potential buyer and show the property in the best possible light. Too often sellers still regard the place for sale as their home and what works for them isn’t necessarily what a buyer is looking for. Decluttering is usually high on the list of necessary styling tasks along with recommendations for the repair or replacement of easily fixed items like old light fittings or worn carpet. Re-arranging existing furniture, hire of new furniture, additional co-ordinated homewares, artwork and accessories for photography quickly transforms a property. A fresh coat of paint can also do wonders.”
Any other tips for getting a property ready for sale?
“Giving the property ‘street appeal’ and presenting a well maintained backyard and garden are always appreciated. In some cases we may also provide concept plans to show prospective buyers what could be done with an internal layout change, or an addition or alteration to the property for sale. “
Is property styling worth the investment?
“Yes. Often, when owners see what a difference property styling (sometimes referred to as property staging) makes to the look and feel of their place they say “It looks so good we’ll be sad to leave.” Then, when they discover the sale price their real estate has negotiated on their behalf they agree that staging the property was one of the best financial decisions they have ever made.”
Extract from an article in Focus magazine, Port Macqaurie (Oct 15 issue, page 111)
Is your home looking dated and tired? Is it time for a makeover? You will be amazed at the difference a professional stylist/decorator can make to any property.
- colour consultation – a fresh coat of paint and contemporary complementary colours does wonders for the soul and value of your home. Wallpaper is a fantastic option with all the great contemporary designs now on the market.
- furniture placement – rearranging your furniture items can totally re-energise your living space and make it more functional.
- kitchen and bathroom makeovers – there are amazing products and techniques that can bring your kitchen or bathroom up-to-date.
- window treatments – really… How long have you had those drapes or net curtains!
- soft furnishings and upholstery, co-ordinating your home throughout with splashes of accent colour is so quick and much cheaper than moving house.
- STYLE for HIRE – create stylish individual rooms for homeowners who don’t want to go to the expense of buying new furniture and furnishings, ideal if you are having a guest stay for an extended visit (we also style and furnish empty apartments/homes for rentals).
If you are thinking of buying a property here is a DESiGNiNG DiVA service that could be of huge benefit to help you decide on your next home purchase: PRE-PURCHASE POSSIBILITIES – if you are considering buying a property and want to explore the design possibilities i.e. space planning and interior design…Before you make an offer, arrange to have a DESiGNiNG DiVA explore the possibilities with you – either at the property or in the DiVA resource studio
Contact us for further information – decorating homes in the Port Macquarie / Hastings region.
“I am trying to think of a word to describe your outfit… affordable.” Dame Edna Everage